Canadian Firearms Safety Course NON-RESTRICTED
Duration: 8 Hours (mandatory) Plus exams)
Fee: $130.00 plus GST
Requirements: Government issued photo I.D. Minors 12-17 may attend with a parent or legal guardian present.
Location: Grande Prairie and Calgary Locations available.
Course Description: The Canadian Firearms Safety Course, or PAL (FAC previously) is the basis to all your firearms safety, and is required by the RCMP to obtain your PAL (Firearms License). This course is a great start that will give you the basic information and skills you need to handle, fire and maintain non-restricted firearms safely. The PAL course focuses primarily on hunting and sporting firearms.
The 8 hours of classroom time plus exams is a mandatory time requirement set by the RCMP & CFO, and is also a prerequisite for the Restricted safety course (RPAL).
In this course you will learn:
- ACTS & PROVE
- 5 most common firearm actions
- Safe handling skills
- Range procedures
- Firing positions
- Gun maintenance
- Ammunition hazards
- How to read ammunition data stamps
- How to deal with obstacles
- Some hunting related material (You still need hunter’s safety!)
- Legal storage, display and transport
- Safe and fun learning environment
- Additional Burton Tactical handouts (List of local ranges, etc...)
- All books & learning material (yours to keep)
- Pens & pencils
- All RCMP required paperwork (Information form, pre-marked envelope, Photo guarantor form, course report)
- Written test (80% pass)
- Practical test
- Government issued photo I.D